Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Sun Also Rises

It's been a busy morning, with very little sleep.

About 40 Princess Tour members as well as 10 crew members (and the usual gang of coworkers) have been assaulting the breakfeast buffet since 6 this morning. It's finally my turn to eat, but I figured I'd squeeze in an entry as well.

On my plate, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, with some bacon to match. I'm drinking some water, but of course I started my day at 2 AM with some hot chocolate/coffee (in the same cup, of course). I guess you could call it a cafe mocha, but there's no steamed milk, and i'm not wearing a scarf or rimmed glasses.

I'm hoping to get some sleep as soon as I am off work, as the mosquitos last night kept me from getting a wink. Every time I felt myself drifting off to dream land, a loud buzzing right in my ear would startle me, and I would be confronted by a winged beast trying to suck my blood. I think by the time I "awoke" I had killed about 15 of those demons.

Of course, I do have mosquito netting, but I took it down, as Courtney kept referring to it as "Princess canopy". But taunts be damned, I need my sleep, so the netting is going back up. She'll just have to cope with the little buggers on her own.

On a side note, Courtney did manage to sweet talk a DOT worker into lending us his propane heater till October. A very nice addition to the tent, for a very low cost of simply refilling the tank every now and then.

Now it is time for a refill of the plate before I head back to work. Only 4 hours and I will be sleeping peacefully.

Maxwell Crabb

1 comment:

T.R. said...

That breakfast buffet will be the death of us all.